Please enter review to save your rating
The Punjab Board of Technical Education came into existence under the Punjab Ordinance No. II of 1971 by the Government of the Punjab which was further amended by the Act of Punjab Assembly called "Punjab Board of Technical Education (Amendment) Act 1977" . It is a corporate body to control, develop and regulate Technical, Commercial and Vocational Education as well as Trade and Skill courses upto Diploma level in the Province of Punjab. It was set up as a successor to the West Pakistan Board of Technical Education, which was constituted in the year 1962.
Jurisdiction of the PBTE :-
* Within the territorial limits of the Province of Punjab and such other areas as may be notified by the Government from time to time.
Powers and responsibilities are briefly described below :-
* To accord, refuse or withdraw recognition wholly or partly after considering inspection reports received from an Inspection Committee appointed by the Board in this behalf.
* To hold and conduct all final examinations pertaining to Technical, Commercial and Vocational education below degree level and such other examination as may be determined by the Government.
* To grant Certificates and Diplomas to persons who have passed its examinations.
* To regulate and decide all administrative matters, including the creation and abolition of posts; provided that it shall be lawful for the Chairman to create temporary posts for a period not exceeding six months